The UC Davis Graduate Group in Computer Science (GGCS) offers strong research programs in a variety of core and applied CS areas. We offer two traditional graduate degree programs, M.S. and Ph.D., as well as a B.S.-to-M.S. program. Through these programs, we provide students access to faculty outside the Computer Science Department and the intellectual freedom to transcend disciplines and areas of research.
Why Come to UC Davis for Graduate Study in Computer Science?
- We have an internationally renowned research program, ranked 30th in the world by ARWU
- We are composed of a diverse faculty and student population, representing many different backgrounds, cultures and perspectives
- We provide financial support to almost all our full-time Ph.D. students
- We offer interdisciplinary research opportunities through campus-wide initiatives and national collaborative research projects
- We are close to Silicon Valley and the San Francisco Bay Area, leading to numerous internships and job opportunities for our students.
Our Graduate Students Enjoy:
- The beautiful weather of California
- The safe and pleasant City of Davis, sometimes called the Bicycle Capital of America
- A nurturing environment and a serene atmosphere
- Fabulous recreation opportunities nearby, including the Sierra Nevada mountains, Lake Tahoe, Yosemite, the Napa and Sonoma Valleys, San Francisco and the Pacific Coast.
What Some of Our Graduate Students Have Said:
“Other things that appealed to me were having great people to work with, a wonderful culture to work in, and that I had a heck of a lot of fun. There’s a sense of excitement and innovation at UC Davis that one may not appreciate without having seen what it’s like at other places.”
“I’d mention the excellent seminars available not only via the CS department, but from the mathematics department, the MIND Institute, and so on. I saw some really fascinating talks in the last few years. Davis brings so many great speakers to campus.”